Travellers are to take note of any pre-departure requirements, health and immigration declarations. Please note that requirements for entering Fiji can change on short notice.
Travellers should be prepared for quarantine-free travel to be paused or suspended in case of changes to the COVID-19 situation.
✈ Before You Travel
From 7th April 2022, Fiji will remove the Travel Partner entry system and welcome fully-vaccinated travellers from all over the world. Travellers must pre-book a RAT test for within 48-72hrs of arrival into Fiji (see more details under ‘Fiji Entry RAT Test’ tab).
From 7th April 2022, Fiji will welcome fully-vaccinated visitors from all over the world.
Travellers must meet all other normal entry requirements (e.g. customs, immigration and biosecurity).
Fiji currently recognises AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Coronavac (Sinovac), Covishield, BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm), Covaxin and Sputnik V. vaccines only.
Please note that fully-vaccinated means that you have received the recommended number of initial doses (usually 2) of a vaccine that Fiji recognises. Vaccine booster shots are considered as additonal protection to full-vaccination.
Travellers can now submit either a PCR or RAT negative test result to enter Fiji. All tests must be supervised and verified by a medical professional (for more info see below) with a written record provided either digitally or on paper. This should be presented at check in.
• Travellers (12yrs+) will need to produce a negative RAT test taken within 24hrs prior to commencement of a journey of continuous flight(s) if applicable.
• Applies to anyone disembarking in or transiting through Fiji.
• Negative test must indicate a specimen collection date no more than 24 hours before the flight’s departure (or first flight in a series of connections booked on the same itinerary)
• RAT must be performed using nasopharyngeal, nasal, nasal mid-turbinate, or oropharyngeal specimen collection methods. Serology (antibody) tests will not be accepted.
• If you’re travelling from Australia, supervised RAT tests are available at Histopath https://www.histopath.com.au/ and Clinical Labs https://www.clinicallabs.com.au/ amongst other providers. You can also check to see if your local GP and pharmacy will provide this service.
• Travellers (12yrs+) will need to take a PCR test within 2 days prior to departure and test negative.
• Applies to anyone disembarking in or transiting through Fiji.
• Your negative test must have a specimen collection date no more than 2 calendar days before your flight’s departure (or first flight in a series of connections booked on the same itinerary). Read more.
• PCR tests must be taken by a travel test provider (hospital, doctor, lab)
• PCR tests musts be performed by nasopharyngeal, nasal or mid-turbinate, oropharyngeal and saliva specimen collection methods. Drive through tests and SMS text results will not be accepted.
ACCEPTED TEST RESULTS
Either paper-based or electronic and must meet the following mandatory requirements:
• travellers name and date of birth;
• test result (such as ‘negative’ or ‘not detected’);
• method of test conducted e.g., PCR/nucleic acid amplification test (NAA) or RAT;
• type of specimen collected;
• brand and manufacturer of the test (for RAT tests);
• date of specimen collection for the accepted COVID-19 test; and
• date of test that the specimen for the test was collected, and the test was carried out by or under the supervision of and, signed by an authorised person (eg. pharmacist, general practitioner, nurse, pathologist, pathology collector or trained personnel at airport-based testing stations).
TEST REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELLERS WHO HAVE RECOVERED FROM COVID-19
However, if you tested positive within 30 days of your travel to Fiji and have recovered please provide proof of your isolation period served by a credible institution OR a fit to fly certificate / letter from a medical practitioner. The certificate/letter would exempt you from testing requirements pre-travel to and post arrival in Fiji.
• The fit to fly certificate or letter from your medical practitioner should include:
• date of onset symptoms
• date tested positive
• date of cessation of symptoms
• release date from isolation
• If you recovered from COVID outside the 30 days, please provide a negative PCR result.
CHANGES TO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FROM 7TH APRIL, 2022
As of the 7th April, travellers no longer need a pre-booked 3 night stay at a Care Fiji Commitment hotel.
This has been replaced by a simple pre-booked RAT test for within 48-72hrs of their arrival. All travellers must book/prepay their RAT test on the following portal:
From 7th April, Fiji will welcome fully vaccinated travellers from anywhere in the world. They now only need to show evidence of the following at check-in:
• Proof of full vaccination
• Pre-Departure negative COVID test (PCR test 48 hours before or verified RAT test 24 hours before)
• Travel Insurance
• Pre-booked RAT test for within 48-72hrs of arrival in Fiji.
Travellers (foreign nationals entering Fiji for a holiday) must have proof of insurance for COVID-19 coverage. Many travel insurance companies now include this coverage in their standard policies but if yours does not, you can also purchase one online prior to travel with Fiji Care. For enquiries you can also email them at email@example.com
The Fiji Care travel insurance will only apply in the unlikely case that you test positive for COVID-19 in Fiji and cover any costs related to that event such as isolation, hospitalisation, testing etc. It does not cover any costs related to existing entry/exit protocols such as required tests.
Travel insurance is not mandatory for returning residents, but it is highly recommended.
Arrival in Fiji
Upon arrival, travellers can holiday safely with a peace of mind and enjoy the best of Fiji knowing that when sticking to Care Fiji Committed businesses, everyone they interact with will be fully vaccinated.
• Masks are optional but recommended for crowded indoor and outdoor public places (eg restaurants, tour buses, shops)
• Social distancing is optional where possible (2m)
• Wash or sanitise your hands frequently
Entry requirements and border controls are in place around the world. Make sure to familiarize with the country’s requirements before departure. Entry requirements may change at short notice, hence travellers are advised to check the latest travel advisory issued by the relevant local authorities before departing.
Depending on your country’s return requirements, you will need to be tested for COVID-19 before you fly home. Costs for a Rapid Antigen test starts from approximately $30FJD . Some countries require a PCR test which starts from approximately $200 FJD. Please check with your hotel as testing costs will vary.
Please take note of age groups that need to be tested as per your country’s requirements.
All RAT and PCR test requirements needed for your return home will be managed at your hotel. Speak to them about your tests when you check in.
Use the WebBeds COVID-19 Restriction Tool to search the latest travel and health restrictions and requirements ➤
All travellers should seek guidance from official government sites to confirm and be in the know of travel requirements and advice.
Refer to More Information for updates and further details:
Stay in the know with regular updates, ranging from entry requirements and public health procedures to local vaccinations and hygiene standards, by the FIJI Tourism Board:
In case of emergencies and additional information required, travellers may contact:
- Toll free helpline for COVID-19 Response: 158
- Police Emergency Service: 917
Disclaimer: The information contained herein (the “Information”) is provided as is. While reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the Information has been obtained from reliable sources, WebBeds FZ LLC and its representatives (collectively “WebBeds”) are not responsible for any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the Information. WebBeds may correct or update the Information without prior notice WebBeds make no representations, warranties or guarantees that the Information is or will be accurate, reliable, current or without errors. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, WebBeds disclaim all representations and warranties, whether express or implied In no event shall WebBeds be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the Information or for any consequential, special or other damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.